ASSOCIATE LAWYER POSITION
Poole Lawyers is a litigation firm, engaging in complex litigation and professional negligence claims.
We are a small group of individuals who have chosen to work together because we believe in the importance of the work we are doing, we share a common purpose and similar values, we enjoy the tremendous synergy that comes from working together on challenging situations, and we value our clients and each other.
Poole Lawyers are:
- Compassionate – Offering our clients a thoughtful culture of understanding and respect.
- Consistent – Providing the same high quality of representation regardless of who in the firm acts on a file.
- Collaborative – Using a team based approach in all aspects of our work.
- Concise – Striving to provide our clients counsel that is concise, clear and to the point.
We are seeking associates with similar values. Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting pleadings, applications and related court documents
- Researching a variety of legal topics
- Attending and advocating at chambers applications
- Meeting and building relationships with clients
- Assisting and collaborating with the other lawyers in the firm with file-related tasks as required
- Conducting questioning, trials, mediations and arbitrations
- Working within a collaborative, team-oriented workplace
- Finding and keeping clients and legal work
- Some administrative duties as required
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta
- Enjoy working with a team of respectful, competent and dedicated professionals
- Energetic, motivated and ambitious
- Focused on ethical service to clients, the profession and the public
- Computer literate with very good working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Westlaw
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Ability to manage multiple files simultaneously
- Superior time-management skills, multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritise tasks with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented with an ability to plan effectively
- Calm, organised, and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Highly autonomous with an innovative client-service mindset
- Have proven marketing skills and loyal clients
- Intrinsically interested in the business of law
- Interested in having a life outside of the office
- A culture that actively encourages work life balance
- A low overhead and attractive office
- A competitive salary with benefits
- A technologically forward office
- Great work that has meaning and purpose
- Mentorship and collaboration
- Really good coffee
If you are a lawyer or a paralegal that shares our values and would like to explore our area of practice, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please send your cover letter with CV and email to Jeffrey D. Poole at [email protected]